Some wines are made for special occasions. Some are so sweet or so powerful that one glass is enough. The three wines we look at this week are perfect examples of wines built for everyday drinking. The first is an Eden Valley riesling from one of Australia’s finest wineries. The second is a cabernet that comes in at a bargain price and provides great value for money. The last wine is a shiraz viognier blend from a McLaren Vale producer whose entire range is proving great drinking.
This week’s recommendations are:
- Henschke Julius Eden Valley riesling 2008 ($23-25)
- Barwang Cabernet Sauvignon 2006 ($13-18)
- Wirra Wirra Catapult shiraz viognier 2006 ($20-25)
How can you help those affected by the Victorian bushfires?
- Visit the Yarra Valley and give the businesses there your support by buying a snack, lunch, a beer or a wine.
- Spend a little less on wine this week and donate the difference to the Red Cross Victorian Bushfire appeal
- Buy a ticket to the massive wine raffle. With $25,000 worth of wine for 1st prize and 33 prizes total you really should be buying a ticket. Tickets available here, here and here to name just a few.
Cheers… and happy wine buying!
Brad and Danny